Book Title: Construction Documents and Service (CDS) ARE Mock Exam (Architect Registration Exam): ARE Overview, Exam Prep Tips, Multiple-Choice Questions and Graphic Vignettes, Solutions and Explanations
Publisher: ArchiteG, Incorporated
Author: Gang Chen
A PRACTICAL GUIDE FOR THE CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS & SERVICE DIVISION OF THE ARE ! Every July, NCARB begins
- Programming, Planning & Practice ARE Mock Exam: (PPP of Architect Registration Exam): ARE Overview, Exam Prep Tips, Multiple-Choice Questions and Graphic Vignettes, Solutions and Explanations
- Site Planning & Design ARE Mock Exam (SPD of Architect Registration Exam): ARE Overview, Exam Prep Tips, Multiple-Choice Questions and Graphic ... and Explanations (ARE Mock Exam series)
- Construction Documents & Services: ARE Sample Problems and Practice Exam, 2nd Ed (Architect Registration Exam)
- ARE Review Manual, 2nd Ed
- Programming, Planning & Practice: ARE Sample Problems and Practice Exam, 2nd Ed
- The Architect's Handbook of Professional Practice
- Professional Practice: A Guide to Turning Designs into Buildings
- Building Codes Illustrated: A Guide to Understanding the 2015 International Building Code
- Structural Systems ARE Mock Exam (SS of Architect Registration Exam): ARE Overview, Exam Prep Tips, Multiple-Choice Questions and Graphic Vignettes, Solutions and Explanations
- Building Design and Construction Systems (BDCS) ARE Mock Exam: ARE Overview, Exam Prep Tips, Multiple-Choice Questions and Graphic Vignettes, Solutions and Explanations (Architect Registration Exam)
to draw the Architect Registration Examinations (ARE) questions from a new edition of ARE exam guide and scope. We have incorporated this latest information into our books. To become a licensed architect, you need to have a proper combination of education and/or experience, meeting your Board of Architecture's special requirements, as well as passing all seven divisions of ARE.
This book provides an ARE exam overview, resources, exam prep and exam taking techniques, tips and guide, a realistic and complete set of Mock Exams, solutions, and explanations for the Construction Documents & Service (CDS) Division of the ARE. This book covers the following subjects:
1. ARE, IDP, and Education Requirements
2. ARE Exam Content, Format, and Prep strategies
3. Bidding Procedures and Documents
4. Codes and Regulations
5. Environmental Issues
6. Construction Administration Services
7. Construction Drawings
8. Project Manual and Specifications
9. Contractual Documents
10. Project and Practice Management
11. Two Building Section Vignettes with Step-By-Step Solutions Using NCARB Practice Program Software
This book includes 100 challenging questions in the same difficulty level and format as the real exam (multiple-choice, check-all-that-apply, and fill-in-the-blank), and two graphic vignettes. It will help you pass the CDS division of the ARE and become a licensed architect!Can you study and pass the ARE Construction Document and Service Exam (CDS) Exam in 2 weeks?
The answer is yes IF you study the right materials: If you have ZERO experience but read the right materials, you can pass with 2 weeks of prep.
If you study our book, "Construction Documents and Service (CDS) ARE Mock Exam (Architect Registration Exam)," you have an excellent chance of studying and passing the ARE Construction Documents and Service (CDS) Exam in 2 weeks. We have added many tips and tricks that WILL help you pass the exam on your first try. Our goal is to take a very complicated subject and make it simple. "Construction Documents and Service (CDS) ARE Mock Exam (Architect Registration Exam)" will save you time and money and help you pass the exam on the first try! Sample text from "CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS AND SERVICE (CDS) ARE MOCK EXAM (ARCHITECT REGISTRATION EXAM)": ... 1) Draw the slab on grade: Draw > Slab on Grade (Figure 2.1) Note: The slab is NOT continuous, and it stops at the interior bearing wall, i.e., interior bearing wall sits directly on the foundation below and divides the slab into two segments on this section. You can use Zoom command to zoom in and adjust or move the element you draw to a more accurate location. You should place the bottom of the slab right on top of the grade line... FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) for CDS: Where are the five feet measured exactly for the CDS NCARB sample vignette, from grade to bottom or top of footing? (It's more logic to the top) Response:
This issue has been solved and proved by many candidates. It is measured from the finish grade (NOT finish floor) to the bottom of the footing (This is the MINIMUM requirement). This is the ideal solution. However, if you draw it to the top of the footing or anything between the top and the bottom of the footing, you will also pass. Should the top of foundation align with top of slab? It's not drawn this way in NCARB? Response:
Either way is OK as long as you maintain 5'-0" between the finish grade (NOT finish floor) and the bottom of the footing.All our books are available at
Check out FREE tips and info for all ARE Exams at GeeForum.com, you can post jpeg files of your vignettes or your questions for other users' review.